January 29, 2014

Sunday Sides and Suppers: Balsamic Chicken

This isn't exactly Sunday, I know. I've been trying to upload videos on my YouTube channel since Saturday evening, and the process has frozen every time. I will edit this post to include the video if and when I get it to upload. The same goes for the two resolution update videos I'm behind on uploading for the same reason. (Updated January 30 to include video.)


Balsamic Chicken Recipe
Balsamic chicken with roasted vegetables and sweet potato.
This recipe started out as an odd idea I decided to test but didn't expect to work out. I'd seen strawberries and balsamic vinegar paired in several recipes the same way I had seen pineapple and chicken paired. Since I've learned to treat berries and pineapple in similar ways regarding spices used when baking, I wondered if pineapples would work well with balsamic vinegar.


So, one evening, I tossed the prototype together, and the family raved.



As I mention in the video, this recipe is meant to be the base for two meals for a family of four and a packed lunch for one. It could easily be halved. If you're having issues seeing the video, click here.

Balsamic Chicken

2 Packages Boneless, Skinless Chicken Tenders
1 1/2 Cans Crushed Pineapple, with juice
1 Cup Balsamic Vinaigrette
1/4 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1/4 Cup Water
1/4 Cup Dijon Mustard
1 Tbsp. Salt
1 Tbsp. Black Pepper
1 1/2 Tbsp. Garlic Powder
1 Tbsp. Onion Powder
1/2-1 1/2 tsp. Ground Red Pepper (to taste)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Lay chicken in one to two baking dishes. In a large bowl combine pineapple, vinaigrette, vinegar, water, mustard, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and red pepper and stir until well blended. Pour over chicken. Bake chicken uncovered at 400 degrees for one hour.

If you try the recipe, please let me know what you think. Also, comment below and let me know what you think about the shorter, one recipe format of the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment